2013 - 2014 Salary Schedules
|Year||Credential||w/ less than 168 Units||w/168 Units OR MA||w/184 Units & MA||w/200 Units & MA|
|181 Days||181 Days||181 Days||181 Days||181 Days|
- Effective July 1, 2000, anniversary increments shall no longer be applied. All future salary adjustments shall depend upon negotiated settlements. Future salary increases shall be based upon the unit members location on the salary schedule.
- For unit members hired on, or after, July 1, 2000, credit shall be given for ten (10) years of previous verified and eligible experience outside of Hawthorne. One of these increments may be for military experience. No credit shall be given for parochial, private or non-public school experience.
- A unit member shall have taught at least seventy-five percent of the school year to advance a step on the salary schedule.
- Intent to complete requirements to move into another salary schedule column shall be received by the Human Resources filed by the previous March 15th. No exceptions shall be made.
- Unit credit and degrees granted for advancement on the salary schedule shall only be accepted from accredited colleges and universities as recognized by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Prior written approval must be obtained to receive credit for junior college courses and workshops.
- Unit members shall be placed no higher on the salary schedule than on the fourth column with less than three years of experience.
- Unit members employed after March 27, 1991, who are on an emergency credential shall be placed on the first column. No progression will be made to another column until a preliminary credential or a clear credential is attained.
- Unit members hired prior to July 1, 2000, shall receive an annual stipend of $2,250 to holders of a California bilingual credential (BCC, MSBE, BCLAD, SSBE, etc.) who teach in a primary language assignment.
- An annual stipend of $1,000 shall be paid to holders of a California Learning Handicapped Credential who teach in a special day class or serve as a special education resource specialist.
- An annual stipend of $1,500 shall be paid to holders of a Special Education Resource Specialist Credential who are assigned to this responsibility.
- An annual stipend of $2,000 shall be paid to Speech and Language Pathologists who hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- An annual stipend of $2,000 shall be paid to National Board Certified Teachers, working in their area of expertise.