The Hawthorne Family Literacy Program is a federally funded program for low income families. The program combines early childhood education, adult education, parent education and parent and child literacy activities into a comprehensive family literacy program. The Family Literacy Program is a collaborative effort of the Hawthorne School District, Richstone Family Center, Centinela Valley Union High School District-Adult School, Centinela Youth Services and the South Bay Workforce Investment Board.
- To help parents improve their literacy or basic educational skills
- To help parents become full partners in educating their children
- To assist children in reaching their full potential as learners
- Adult Education (ESL, GED)
- Parent Education
- Family Field Trips
- Family Nights
- Parent and Child Learning Activities
- Personalized Home Visits
- Books and Supplies
- Counseling Services
- Community Referrals
- Toddler Classes
All services are free to enrolled families!