Hawthorne School District offers a high-quality preschool for three and four year old children. We believe all children deserve the best start in life and a quality preschool education.
HSD Preschools offer a morning or afternoon half day school readiness program. The goal of this program is to increase the number of children entering the school system with strong foundation of language and mathematic skills.
Preschool Classroom Schedule:
- HSD Preschools follows the Hawthorne School District Elementary calendar
- Children attend preschool from 8:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 12:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Each child receives a nutritious meal during the school day.
- Preschool Teachers hold a Bachelors Degree or higher plus a valid Child Development Permit.
- All staff are CPR and Emergency First Aid trained.
- Additional Hawthorne School District Staff are always available to provide support to you and your family: School Site Administrators, District Office Administrators, English Learner Specialist, Special Education Coordinator and Specialist, Psychologists and Counselors.